I’m no expert in gift giving, but here’s a compilation of some fabulous items on my wish list. If you’re still undecided at the eleventh hour, there’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with a gift certificate — I promise!
1. You can’t go wrong with a great coffee table book. Some favorites on my wish list are Celerie Kemble’s Black and White (and a Bit in Between) and Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney (Anthropologie is offering an exclusive special edition here). I also love Poolside with Slim Aarons for its glimpse inside the luxe jet-setting lifestyle of the rich and beautiful. And for the art lover, De Kooning: A Retrospective is pretty amazing– I’m especially smitten after my visit to the MoMA last month.
Another fabulous option are these handcrafted python and brass cuffs from newbie Yoseph H which I recently stumbled across during a trunk show at Bloomingdales in New York. Score! I also love J.Crew’s deco bracelet, a product of its collaboration with Lulu Frost. From $68.00 and under.
3. For a totally chic hostess gift I adore this gold drip dish from Kelley Wearstler. $175.00.
4. Fashionable winter accessories to keep your extremities toasty are always nice. These leopard calf hair gloves from J.Crew definitely fit the bill. $175.00.
6. A great camera like this Nikon Coolpix P500, which boasts an amazing zoom and high quality low light photos, is a must-have on my list. $359.00-$399.00.
I also love these Karen Walker stunners. Number One in Crazy Tortoise, $180 at Gargoyle.com.
Another great option and an absolute favorite of mine is Rebecca Minkoff’s Morning After Clutch. I actually own two of this fabulous bag and I wear it every single day. This mini MAC in stamped ostrich is sold exclusively at Saks and also comes in orange! $225.00.
9. At $7.00-$12.00, these chic printed zipper cases from West Elm are great stocking stuffers. Equipped with water-resistant lining, they can store everything from toiletries to jewelry and can be monogrammed for $7.00!
10. Looking for something vintage? How about a mink fur stole. I’ve been scouring ebay incessantly in hopes of uncovering a real treasure at a great price. This one from dreamcruiser120 is currently bidding at a mere $43.95. Never underestimate ebay!