In a fashion world of fabulous contradictions, juxtapositions and irony, what better exemplar to ring in the change of seasons than a classic cable knit contrasted with an edgy leather skirt? With leather literally EVERYWHERE right now, this laid-back glam pairing is spot on. Hello, new fall uniform!
GET THE LOOK
Topshop Angora Cable Knit, $92, here; A-Line Leather Skirt, $170, here.
Pair it with ankle boots and a crossbody bag and you’re good to go–Sophie Hulme’s Envelope Clutch (here) is my new obsession!
*Images via Street Peeper / 9 to 5 Chic / Lella Victoria
This cold spell (which seems way too early, btw) has jump started my search for the perfect fall/winter coat. Something with day to night versatility–but not boring–and a great shape and weight that can carry you from fall to spring. Three categories that fit the bill: 1. White–it’s not only perennially chic but will go with everything and is the perfect alternative to black; 2. Printed–whether a small geo print or a bold leopard or graphic design, a printed topper will certainly lend interest to any ensemble; and 3. Color–another way to add interest and brighten a tired winter uniform.
1. J.Crew Contrast Collar Coat (here) / 2. Club Monaco Raquel Coat (here) / 3. Printed Tweed Gusset Coat (here) / 4. By Malene Birger Cheetah Coat (here and here) / 5. Double Cloth Sabrina Coat (here) / 6. Gusset Coat in Rose (here)
P.S.: Fall sales are continuing through this weekend. A few not to miss:
- 25% off everything at West Elm with code SAVEMORE
- 20% off everything Friday thru Saturday at Furbish with code FALLFLASH–score some new throw pillows like this gem (here) or my fave spotted wallpaper (here)
- 25% off entire purchase until Oct. 30th at J.Crew with code SHOPNOW
Red Valentino, $595 (here) v. Banana Republic, $119.99 (here)
A trusty drop-waist frock is a mainstay to add to your LBD arsenal. Pair it with a white boyfriend blazer and point toe flats (like these or these) for your 9 to 5. Add a statement necklace and heels for a night out.
P.S.: Banana is offering 50% off with code REVEAL50 until 10/22!
It’s here… but not for long! Enter code INTHEFAMILY25 for 25% off your entire order. What better reason to stock up on fall staples or get a head start on holiday gifts? A few items on my radar:
- A great cable knit sweater. This wool/cashmere version by 360 Sweater fits the bill.
- Leather pants, of course. These zip leggings by Vince are such a splurge but sooo gorgeous–I tried on this very pair in NYC the other weekend. They were ah-mazing.
- A classic camel coat–mine needs an upgrade. This one by Nanette Lepore adds a dose of cool with leather details.
- A new day bag in a punchy color. Boasting the perfect shade of poppy red, Opening Ceremony’s OC NY Bag just might be the one.
- A leather mini skirt to pair with a cozy knit (ideally the 360 Sweater number above). Love this basic mini by J.W. Anderson.