Part scarf, part necklace, these hand-beaded beauties are wardrobe game changers! Designed by half-French sisters, Laetitia Stanfield (a former buyer for Bergdorf Goodman) and Selena McPherson, ROARKE New York‘s collection of embellished silk neck pieces is like no other accessory brand in the industry. What’s more, they also dabble in jewelry, kaftans and have even launched a bridal collection, aptly named Le Mariage. I’m obsessing over all the glam details of these hand-crafted gems!
From top left: Sundance Cuff (White) // Sundance Cuff (Grey) // Silk Chiffon Bib Necklace // Ikat Bib Necklace // Sundance Cuff (Neon) // Tate Bib Necklace // Aztec Cuff.
Q & A with ROARKE New York:
I recently chatted with the badass sister duo behind this gorgeousness. Here’s what they had to say:
1. Your designs feature everything from tribal inspired prints (Tulum) to abstract geometric designs (Tate) and have such a unique feel, where you do you draw your inspiration from?
Our inspiration is drawn from all walks of life! Mainly from our travels, arts and culture and most importantly from our customers. We are always paying attention to what they are drawn to.
2. Your focus on hand-beaded foulards and cravats is like no other brand in the industry, why scarves?
As we are half-french, we draw lots of inspiration from our French heritage… and scarves are a huge part of the Parisian wardrobe! Our grandmother and mother taught us the power of great accessorizing from an early age. It’s a very French trait.
3. I love that the scarves double as necklaces (and head scarves!), can we expect to see more jewelry in the future?
Right now we are focusing on perfecting what we know and love! We are always exploring new ideas so who knows what the future holds…
4. As a sister duo (with an amazing aesthetic), what is it like working with family?
There’s nothing better. We know each other inside and out…and ultimately at the end of the day, we have each others’ best interest at heart.
5. Who would you most like to see wearing your designs?
Jessica Alba, Michelle Obama, and Marion Cotillard.
6. You’re half-French, what’s your number one takeaway about French style?
French women know how to keep their style super simple while also being extremely chic. We think ROARKE New York provides an amazing accessory for women everywhere to do the same!
7. What accessory do you rarely leave home without?
A ROARKE New York scarf necklace, of course!
8. Who are your style icons?
Jane Birkin, Talitha Getty, and Lauren Hutton.
9. Favorite spot in New York, whether to eat, shop or find inspiration?
The Fort Green Flea Market for scouring stalls, the Soho House for a quick meeting, the Frick for its old-school charm, and Carbone restaurant for the most delicious plate of pasta.
10. What’s the hardest thing about starting an accessory design business?
Laetitia: I don’t even know where to begin! If you aren’t 150% invested in it…the chances are it won’t work. I have poured the last 4 years into this business, I am constantly thinking about it and developing it in any way that we can. It’s a lot of fun and definitely all-consuming.
11. I’m obsessed with both the geometric and tribal inspired prints, what can we expect to see from ROARKE New York in the coming seasons?
We have been working on some folklore inspired pieces…they are out of this world, stay tuned!
Photo credit: ROARKE NY