I’m no expert in gift giving, but here’s a compilation of some fabulous items on my wish list. If you’re still undecided at the eleventh hour, there’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with a gift certificate — I promise!
1. You can’t go wrong with a great coffee table book. Some favorites on my wish list are Celerie Kemble’s Black and White (and a Bit in Between) and Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney (Anthropologie is offering an exclusive special edition here). I also love Poolside with Slim Aarons for its glimpse inside the luxe jet-setting lifestyle of the rich and beautiful. And for the art lover, De Kooning: A Retrospective is pretty amazing– I’m especially smitten after my visit to the MoMA last month.
$31.50 and free shipping at Amazon.com.
2. Jewelry is a no-brainer. I love these fun Man Ray Lip Cuffs from St. Kilda which come in an array of great colors. I’m also coveting St. Kilda’s Snake Ring with Diamond Pave.
Another fabulous option are these handcrafted python and brass cuffs from newbie Yoseph H which I recently stumbled across during a trunk show at Bloomingdales in New York. Score! I also love J.Crew’s deco bracelet, a product of its collaboration with Lulu Frost. From $68.00 and under.
3. For a totally chic hostess gift I adore this gold drip dish from Kelley Wearstler. $175.00.
4. Fashionable winter accessories to keep your extremities toasty are always nice. These leopard calf hair gloves from J.Crew definitely fit the bill. $175.00.
5. Nothing is sweeter than a pretty scent by Tocca. I love the fresh floral fragrance of the Cleopatra Solide. A great stocking stuffer. $30.00 at Sephora.
6. A great camera like this Nikon Coolpix P500, which boasts an amazing zoom and high quality low light photos, is a must-have on my list. $359.00-$399.00.
7. A glam pair of sunnies will always ignite delight. Elizabeth and James offers some fabulous options. My pick is the Beverly style in Tortoise, $185 at Hampdenclothing.com.
I also love these Karen Walker stunners. Number One in Crazy Tortoise, $180 at Gargoyle.com.
8. You can never go wrong with a classic handbag. In a bright color, this iconic quilted Marc Jacobs style is striking. I especially love it in yellow! The XL Single, $845 at MarcJacobs.com.
Another great option and an absolute favorite of mine is Rebecca Minkoff’s Morning After Clutch. I actually own two of this fabulous bag and I wear it every single day. This mini MAC in stamped ostrich is sold exclusively at Saks and also comes in orange! $225.00.
9. At $7.00-$12.00, these chic printed zipper cases from West Elm are great stocking stuffers. Equipped with water-resistant lining, they can store everything from toiletries to jewelry and can be monogrammed for $7.00!
10. Looking for something vintage? How about a mink fur stole. I’ve been scouring ebay incessantly in hopes of uncovering a real treasure at a great price. This one from dreamcruiser120 is currently bidding at a mere $43.95. Never underestimate ebay!