Who said you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, especially with covers as sumptuous as these? I stumbled across these beautifully bound gems after reading a recent post in Elements of Style — what a find! Having experienced a real Great Gatsby moment ever since watching Midnight in Paris, these gorgeous F. Scott Fitzgerald hardcovers offer the perfect excuse to re-read some of the most treasured Jazz Age classics! Available at amazon.com.
I’m no expert in gift giving, but here’s a compilation of some fabulous items on my wish list. If you’re still undecided at the eleventh hour, there’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with a gift certificate — I promise!
1. You can’t go wrong with a great coffee table book. Some favorites on my wish list are Celerie Kemble’s Black and White (and a Bit in Between) and Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney (Anthropologie is offering an exclusive special edition here). I also love Poolside with Slim Aarons for its glimpse inside the luxe jet-setting lifestyle of the rich and beautiful. And for the art lover, De Kooning: A Retrospective is pretty amazing– I’m especially smitten after my visit to the MoMA last month.
Another fabulous option are these handcrafted python and brass cuffs from newbie Yoseph H which I recently stumbled across during a trunk show at Bloomingdales in New York. Score! I also love J.Crew’s deco bracelet, a product of its collaboration with Lulu Frost. From $68.00 and under.
3. For a totally chic hostess gift I adore this gold drip dish from Kelley Wearstler. $175.00.
4. Fashionable winter accessories to keep your extremities toasty are always nice. These leopard calf hair gloves from J.Crew definitely fit the bill. $175.00.
6. A great camera like this Nikon Coolpix P500, which boasts an amazing zoom and high quality low light photos, is a must-have on my list. $359.00-$399.00.
I also love these Karen Walker stunners. Number One in Crazy Tortoise, $180 at Gargoyle.com.
Another great option and an absolute favorite of mine is Rebecca Minkoff’s Morning After Clutch. I actually own two of this fabulous bag and I wear it every single day. This mini MAC in stamped ostrich is sold exclusively at Saks and also comes in orange! $225.00.
9. At $7.00-$12.00, these chic printed zipper cases from West Elm are great stocking stuffers. Equipped with water-resistant lining, they can store everything from toiletries to jewelry and can be monogrammed for $7.00!
10. Looking for something vintage? How about a mink fur stole. I’ve been scouring ebay incessantly in hopes of uncovering a real treasure at a great price. This one from dreamcruiser120 is currently bidding at a mere $43.95. Never underestimate ebay!
For those who prefer early bird deal hunting in your pj’s, sifting through an overflowing inbox of black friday deals can be daunting. Two of my favorite sites for amazing post turkey day savings are Rebecca Minkoff and DVF. Made famous by her Morning After Bag and Clutch, Rebecca Minkoff has since expanded her brand to ready-to-wear, shoes, and accessories. Her epic Black Friday Sale offers seriously amazing deals on all these covetable pieces. Night owls be sure to check it out–the sale opens at 12:00am!
For those who can’t wait until tomorrow, the sale at Diane von Furstenberg starts today! All sale items are an extra 30% off. Here are a few of my picks:
In silk jersey, the Golda Dress offers seasonless style. $169.05.
The New Tunis Dress is super cute. Comes in a variety of prints for $188.65.
At $132.06, the Evelina Dress is a steal.
In liquid blue, the Aurora Mini Dress adds a nice pop of color. $178.95.
I LOVE this gold and jade bangle. Definitely on my wish list! On sale for $71.05.
With Thanksgiving looming and the holiday season fast approaching, what better time to perfect your cocktail party prowess? Thanks to Society Social, the art of throwing a fabulous fete is a little easier and far more stylish! Chock full of killer bar carts, playful accent chairs, upholstery, and even glamorous hostess attire, this new brand will surely be an instant favorite. What’s more, all these amazing finds come at an affordable price tag. I’m obsessed!
Equally fabulous as an end table, “the Double” is quite the bang for your buck at $295.
Painted cain in a rainbow of high gloss shades and your choice of a gold or silver frame, the Madison Mixer serves up a healthy dose of color. $439.
An upholstered option, the Draper comes in six shades of faux croc leather and doubles as an end table. $289.
Color is king with the Tipple Trolley. Available in 11 high gloss colors for $439.
The Sedgewick is perhaps my favorite. At $439, it’s a steal compared to other similar pieces– also probably why it’s sold out already. But do not fret, just send an email to get on the wait list. Available in gold and silver.
Urban is a perennial favorite of mine for unique and wallet friendly digs. After my usual stop at the farmers market on Saturday morning, I stopped into the King Street store and stumbled across these lovely finds:
In chartreuse, the Coincidence & Chance lace dress has a vintage feel and looks far more expensive than the $75 price tag. The Champagne Dress by Kova & T is just fabulous.
At $69, Sparkle & Fade’s gold lame skirt is a smart update to your holiday party wardrobe.
Bright and sparkly, the Fireworks Dress by Cooperative is perfect for a New Year’s Eve fete. $199.