Effortless, cool and sleek, black ripped skinnies are the winter counterpart to summer’s distressed denim–and they go with EVERYTHING! Madewell makes a fabulous version in a super soft cotton/poly/spandex blend that literally feels like pajamas (here). For $69 on sale, J.Crew has a pretty sweet cropped version. Also loving J.Brand’s 620 Super Skinnies.
Stuart Weitzman 5050 Boot (these perennial favorite OTK boots RARELY EVER go on sale) // Leopard Scarf // Rag & Bone Kerr Bootie // Antique Gold Cuff // Plaza Skirt //Gold Braid Collar Necklace // Blazer Coat // Loeffler Randall Quinnie Flat // Black & White Spotted Throw //Steven Lidiaa Ankle Boot, now $71, with code HAPPYFEET // Mixed Resin Medallion Necklace // Foldover Python Clutch
Home to interior designer Lizette Bruckstein, this expertly curated San Francisco apartment masters the perfect balance of patina and polish. At first glance, you would never guess the space isn’t, in fact, vintage. Situated in a downtown highrise, Bruckstein added features like crown molding, chair rails and a vintage fireplace facade to reflect a layered, storied charm. Rich dark paint amps up the glam factor while keeping true to the overall vintage vibe.
Pops of chartreuse, bold geometric prints and upholstery with clean lines compliment and downplay the Victorian influences.
These brass chairs (above) are everything–NEED to find the source… And, can we talk about the 19th Century fireplace facade (below)? A brilliant way to add vintage charm to new construction.
Loving the asymmetrical placement of Victorian mirrors and vintage frames mixed with contemporary art and photographs. The intricate lines of the mirrors mimics the busy wallpaper but provides just the right amount of polish while the contemporary artwork serves as the juxtaposing focal point. Also loving the clean lines of the four-post bed and simple solid linens.
GET THE LOOK
Vintage Italian Brass Chair, $3200/pair | Bennett Wallpaper, $62.50 per roll | Vintage Rococo Mirror, $595 | Chartreuse/Gold Velvet Pillow, From $122 | 19th Century Louis XV Fireplace, 1st Dibs | Tall Brass Bud Vase, $25 | Short Brass Bud Vase, $45 | Greek Key Black Pillow, $48 | Antique Gilt Mirror, Jayson Home | Turner Cabinet, $1995
It’s on! Score 25% off at Shopbop with code FAMILY25. A few staples and splurges for your shopping perusal:
1. Starting with the splurge, these insane leather pants are a must–a definite splurge but totally worthy. If leather isn’t your thing, these vegan leggings from Blank Denim are pretty awesome, I have last year’s version and swear by them.
3. A good handbag is definitely something to splurge on–I’m a huge fan of Sophie Hulme and a big believer in the all purpose day to night black bag. This one is perfection. Also love this Loeffler Randall cross body bag. IllBeCa’s Murray Cross Body Bag is another fabulous option and slightly more budget friendly as is RM’s Bowery bag. Also love the Murray bag in polka dot calf hair.
6. Obsessed with this chevron stripe cardigan–a perfect fall to winter staple that would be super cute with dresses, leggings and skirts.
New markdowns for fall?? Yes, please. A few finds on my list:
1. Fall means sweater weather–this cotton blend knit and this raglan cashmere thermal are the perfect counterpart to everything from skirts to leather pants. Also love this one and this one–a steal at $63.
3. Obsessing over this part bootie, part sandal from Loeffler Randall.
4. A good vegan leather moto jacket for…$73? Check.
5. Day to night dresses (read: work friendly) are always a necessity–love this one.
6. Speaking of work, this versatile day tote is a fabulous option and 40% off…
Full skirts, feminine silhouettes and a smidge of edge. Perfection. Period.
*Photos courtesy of The Styleograph